The beautiful state of Northeast India, Meghalaya is bestowed with natural bounties that lure tourists from all over. A trip to Meghalaya offers a variety of things on one’s plate right from salubrious weather to incredible scenic beauty, lush green vegetation, gushing waterfalls and a plethora of adventure options to choose from. If you are adventure junkie seeking adventure in Meghalaya, the below-mentioned list will be very helpful to you.
Adventure Activities in Meghalaya:
- Trekking: Meghalaya offers excellent trekking opportunity as the terrain is very challenging and is characterised by flowing rivers, low granite and sandstone cliffs, rolling hills, towering waterfalls, rare species of flora and fauna. You can trek through the riverfronts, rainforests and living root bridges at some of the famous trekking routes in Meghalaya like David Scott trail, Smit trek, Kyllang Rock trek, etc.
- Cave Exploration: Another interesting and unique experience in Meghalaya is cave exploration. Meghalaya is home to over 500 stunning caves which give you an opportunity to explore the dark and murky interiors, biodiversity and some dark secrets inside the caves. Some of the famous caving sites are KremMawmluh, KremPhyllut, KremLiatPrah, Mawsynram, etc.
- Mountain Biking: Mountain biking in Meghalaya gives you a chance to witness the amazing beauty of the region. You can ride through forest corridors, witness diverse species of birds and get acquainted with local tribes. Some of the popular mountain biking routes are Cherapunjee Trail, David Scott Trail, etc.
- Rock Climbing: Get an adrenaline rush with rock climbing on the outskirts of Shillong or East Khasi Hills where you will find a suitable environment for the activity like hard rock formations, etc.
- Waterfall Rappelling: Waterfall rappelling at Elephant falls in Meghalaya is perfect to satiate an adventure-hungry soul. This activity is definitely not for the faint-hearted as you descend either through or alongside the waterfall at the minimum elevation of 40 feet. One can feel the immense water pressure while climbing down from the waterfall.
If you still haven’t had enough of thrilling activities, Meghalaya offers ample other adventure activities to get that added adrenaline rush like river canyoning, river rafting, kayaking, etc.
Contact Offbeat Tracks for an adventure trip to Meghalaya.