There is something simply magical about north-east India. The seven sister states are the pride of our country because of their well-preserved culture. These states display the rich diversity our country has to offer. Nagaland is no different! It is beautiful and picturesque. For your future travels in Nagaland, there are several places to experience; here’s a list of 5 places you cannot afford to miss visiting!
1) Dimapur: This district is the commercial centre and main entry point of Nagaland. History and nature lovers would love visiting the Nagaland Zoological park, Dimapur Jain Temple, Diezephe Craft Village, Sumi town Baptist Church and the Kachari Ruins.
2) Kohima: The capital and star attraction of Nagaland boasts impressive trekking and camping plans. Spend a day visiting the Japfu Peak, Shilloi Lake, Dzukou Valley, the State Museum, and also the World War II Cemetery.
3) Wokha: A sight to behold for nature lovers and organic farm fans, this district is home to the Lotha Tribe. Important places include Mt. Tiyi, Tehurang valley, Doyang river, Bagti valley and the Doyang hydro project.
4) Mokokchung: Mokokchung is the cultural and intellectual capital famous for the various tribes it homes and their culture. Music is a big part of their life, so be sure to enjoy the village’s festivities. Be mesmerized by the Changikong Range,The Langpangkong caves and the Fusen Ki and Mongzu Ki caves.
5) Mon: Being situated 879.67 metres above the sea level gives Mon its fairytale quality. Rich in tribal heritage, the villages Chui, Logwa and Shangnyu are very popular. Other places to enjoy are the Veda Peak and Nagnimora.
These were just the 5 major districts to visit in Nagaland, but be assured the entire state is worth spending a month enjoying each village. The people are warm; the climate is wonderful- in short perfect for your next trip! Plan your Nagaland travel itinerary